Most Of The Known Factors For Ranking In Google Maps Your physical address matching that on…
How To Delete A Google+ Business Page
[title size=”2″]How To Delete A Google+ (Plus) Business Page[/title]
Want to know how to delete a Google Plus business page? Maybe you got a notice saying once of the following things..
- Your page has been blocked because it has been identified as possible spam.
- We’re not showing this page because it is a duplicate of another.
- Google has suspended your page due to quality issues.
Or maybe you have multiple locations because you signed up for some cheap service like yellowpages.com, yext.com or web.com and now you have mutiple spam locations that you have no access to, or you closed a location or the old designer or advertising company registered your business in their OWN gmail account to keep control of you, or because they didn’t know better (which is a practice I despise).
It’s possible you got suspended for checking ‘I serve customers at this address’ when setting it up and you have a home or virtual address, in that case please read this guide on Using A Home Or Virtual Address In Google Maps.
Below are is a screenshot guide on removing your unwanted Google Plus page…..
- Go to https://business.google.com/manage/
- Check the box next to the location you no longer need/want
- In the top right click on the 3 dots and click ‘remove’
- It will ask you to re-enter your account password for verification
- A scary screen will pop up asking if you really want to remove this account and all associated images and files with it. Without knowing more, it looks and feels like you might be deleting your whole Google account, that is not the case, you will just be removing the Google plus business page associated with the address listed in the first sentence. It will remove that specific page, the rest of your Google account will remain untouched and your other locations will be fine.
- That’s it, you can go back to https://business.google.com/manage/ and view your remaining location(s)
Deleting Your Old Location Will Cause A Loss Of All Reviews For That Location
Just an FYI, there are two main things that can cause a loss of all reviews for a business page location…
- Changing the address of a location causes all current reviews to disappear
- Deleting the business page causes all reviews to disappear
Choose wisely. Need help or have questions? Feel free to ask.