[title size="2"]How Did A Website Get My Email Address Without Entering It[/title] Did a website…
Reporting Email Spam & Fraud
How do I report online fraud and identity theft?
I personally cannot stand email spam and fraud, so here is this article from Microsoft on email spam and fraud reporting.
If you think that you received a fraudulent e-mail message, you can report the problem and attach the suspicious message. Reporting suspicious messages to authorities helps in the effort to combat phishing schemes.
- In Outlook, select, but don’t open, the message that you want to report.
- On the Actions menu, click Forward As Attachment, or press CTRL+ALT+F.
- In the To line, type the e-mail address of the company to whom you are reporting the phishing message. Some e-mail addresses that you can use to report suspicious mail are:
- firstname.lastname@example.org goes to the Anti-Phishing Working Group, an industry association.
- email@example.com goes to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- firstname.lastname@example.org goes to MSN.
- email@example.com goes to Microsoft.
- Click Send.